Dosbarth 2

July 19th 2021

Hi, as promised, here are the next books in the Stage 1 series:

Mr Big goes on holiday book

Mr Big goes to the park book

Mr Big has a party book

Mr Big is a big help book

May 25th 2021

Here is a letter for the end of half term. Please read for information about home tasks:

Parent letter May 26th 2021

These are the new storybooks in the set, I will add them gradually as I upload them.

1. Hide and Seek book
  2. The lost toy book
  3. Peek-a-boo
  4. The big mess

March 26th 2021

Well, a half a term down and we are so glad to be edging back closer to normal in Class 2. I have put all of the first set of story books here for your child to access online. We are very short on copies so I thought I’d make the books available here for your child to use. Please continue to practise the flashcard words and match them to their mats at first. Only move on to the books when your child is happy and recognises 8 or more flashcards. Please try and read daily with your child if possible. 

The new children

The naughty hamster

A Monster for Miss Owen

The Lost Storybook

If you have finished those books then you can read the two practise books for the level below:

The Surprise

Teatime

February 12th 2021

Well, I’ve just signed out of our final Teams meeting of the term before we return back to school after the holidays! Yipeee! I’d just like to say how proud of you all I am for continuing to work hard at home and keeping in touch via Hwb, email or over the phone. It has not been the same, but it really has made my day to see photos of you or your work to show me how well you’ve all been doing and how hard you’ve worked during this lockdown! I would like to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to Mams, Dads, Gramps, Grans, older brothers, sisters or whoever has been helping this lovely lot with their work or to log on to meetings etc. It’s been a massive effort and a learning curve for us all and I just wanted to let you know we think you are all …If I could give these gold stars out to you all too, I would! Thank you,

We will see you all the other side of half term at what is hopefully the beginning of getting back that little bit closer to normality! 

Enjoy the holidays, stay safe,

Miss Griffiths. X 

As promised, for Reception, here is the new book in the Miss Owen series for you to practise over half term: A Monster for Miss Owen

Week beginning February 8th 2021

Hi Class 2!

It will be our last week of distance learning this week So I thought we’d make it a special one! As you can see from the picture, lots of people around the world will be celebrating Chinese New Year this week (February 12th) so we will have some tasks to do with this as well as continuing with our current topic. I would like to say a huge well done for your effort last week in your tasks. I saw lots of work uploaded and had messages off lots of you to tell me how you are getting on. Fantastic news! Let’s have one last push to take us up to half term. I want to be giving LOTS of stars out this week for tasks completed or fantastic effort!

Teams meetings: Well done too, for so many of you joining our meetings last week. It was lovely to see you and to have some Nursery children join us too. We will stick to our normal meeting times this week, but, I am inviting the Nursery to join with us on these meetings. They will be:1:30 p.m on Monday and Friday afternoons. 

If you have any queries or problems getting on, please contact me on GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net  or contact the school where, if I’m not in, you can leave a message for me and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Language activities:

Lots of you enjoyed our special story last week and spoke to me about how Elizabeth is a different princess to those you might have seen in other stories!

Did you like that clip? What was the best bit? Talk to a grown-up about the differences between this princess and the paper bag princess and more traditional princesses in stories e.g. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty. Was she afraid? Did she need rescuing? How did she solve the problem herself?

• Next, listen to a more traditional Fairy Tale; Sleeping Beauty. See what you think of all of the princesses? Which one was your favourite? Why? https://youtu.be/TPLSfL5-Y3g  

You can list the things that are the same or different about the princesses or add them to this Venn diagram if you like: Paper bag princess compared to traditional

Nursery:

• Please continue to work on your Popat sounds daily. It sounds like lots of you know them all already which is great! 
  • Please continue to ‘write’ in shaving foam, sand, rice on a tray, paint: it’s lovely to make patterns or writing on a tray with paint and then ‘print’ the pattern by placing paper gently over the top. 
  • Here are some pencil control sheets for you to practise; Sleeping beauty pencil control

Reception:

• Please continue practising your name writing, your letter formation and learning your Jolly Phonics songs.
  • Please continue to with your reading; flashcards and reading books:  The new children and The naughty hamster. I will add a new book for you by the end of this week!
  • You also had ‘Tricky words’ to learn last week. Please practise these by writing them, painting them, reading them to a grown-up. Hopefully you’ll know lots of them by the time you come back to school.

CVC words:

• Here is a Bingo game. If you have access to a printer, print off as many boards as you need, if not, maybe you could make pictures to match the words yourself: CVC blending reading bingo
  • Here are some CVC words for you to read simple sentences: Cvc simple sentences
  • And here are some rhyming ‘at’ words for you to practise; At words and sentences

Maths activities:

Lots of you printed off the Numicon and have been busy ordering, matching or adding with them so far. Well done! Here are a few more activities to try: I have put Nursery/Reception by the activities specifically for them but all the others they can all try (there’s no harm in them trying them all anyway!).

Nursery; try matching numbers to the Numicon shapes by putting a peg on the correct number: numicon clip cards 1 to 4

Here is a Numicon powerpoint to open on a screen. Try dragging the shapes onto the washing line to order: NumiconShapeOrdering-1*Make sure you click enable editing when opening to allow you to ‘drag’ the shapes to the washing line.

Reception: As we were working on adding two numbers together, here are some more questions; NumiconAdditionSentences It is more about the practical aspect of using the shapes (without counting the holes) to say 3 and 4 makes 7 (they can overlay the 7 to check). Only when they recognise the Numicon shapes and are adding them physically do we move on to writing the ‘sums’ down or completing the worksheets. If you can’t print out, again, it’s not vital; getting the children to lay the shapes in a number sentence and using the language ‘2 and 3 makes’ or 2 add 3 equals’ is the most crucial aspect here! 

Other activities:

Here are some Playdoh mats if you have playdoh at home (or you can make some using just a few store-cupboard ingredients) https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-make-salt-dough-recipe

Chinese New Year: this year is the year of the ox! 

Here is the story of the Chinese Zodiac race (how we get the years named after animals): https://youtu.be/eVClAj8q_lY

As always, it is important to stay active and healthy. Going for walks; see if you can see any creatures from the zodiac story when out and about!

Have fun trying those activities. It doesn’t matter if you don’t do them all or do other activities instead. I like to hear that you have been busy and working hard at home. Try uploading work or sending me some pictures of your work on Hwb if you haven’t done so already. I am adding stars all the time when I see new things added! I hope to see you in our meetings this week to see how you are getting on. I am so proud of all the effort from you all (and Mums and Dads) so far. you have been MAGNIFICENT! Take care, stay safe,

Miss Griffiths. X

Week beginning February 1st

Hi boys and girls! We are at the start of another busy week of tasks this week! Well done to all of you who have attended the meetings this week or messaged me with work or managed to upload things for me to look at! It makes me very happy to see what you have been doing, and even happier to give out stars for tasks completed or taking part! Da iawn pawb!

This week, we will continue with meetings at 1:30 in the afternoon.

We will have meetings on Monday and Friday for Reception.

And this week, we will also try a ‘check-in’ meeting with Nursery for the first time on Wednesday afternoon! Please try and be there to say ‘hello’ or show me something you have been busy doing! Well, apologies for that Nursery! I don’t know what the glitch was there today or why you couldn’t get on our meeting. If you check your Hwb e-mails (Office 365 – Outlook tab) you should now see an invite to join Friday’s meeting alongside Reception! You can join through your e-mail on the day (Friday 1:30) or, if you go into Office 365 and the Teams tab, click on the calendar and there should be an option to join on there on the day. PLEASE E-MAIL ME OR CONTACT THE SCHOOL IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS OR CAN’T SEE THE INVITE.  Here are some pointers for using Teams: Using-Microsoft-Teams

As always, if there are any queries, please contact me on GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net  or you can leave messages for me at the school for me to get back to you. If you have difficulties with any links on the page, you might need to just right click on the activity and select open in a new tab.

As it is children’s mental health week this week, here are some links to some bonus activties to try at home this week!

A few years ago the National Trust published a list called 50 things to do before you’re 11 3/4. There are some lovely ideas for things to do outside and a check list to tick things off. It includes things like building a den or rolling down a hill! Simple pleasures! https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/50-things-to-do

There is a link to the official Mental Health website here, again with some lovely ideas for wellbeing: https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk/parents-and-carers/

Or, if you fancy watching a film, the film ‘Inside Out’ is all about emotions and identifying how things make us feel. You could start by watching that together, then there are ideas of follow up activities and a booklet you can make here: https://teachmama.com/talk-with-kids-about-emotions-inside-out-mini-book-and-card-game/

Language activities:

To start us off this week, we have an interesting story about a princess who is a bit different to other princesses we have met in stories! First, take a listen here and then complete the following tasks!

Paper bag Princess; https://youtu.be/YuopYOXhiOk

• Can you make a picture on Jit5 about part of the story? Go into Jit5 and the ‘Mix’ tab at the top. You can try making a picture and maybe writing a few words or a sentence about part of the story about Elizabeth.
  • Here are some puppets you can print off (or try making your own). Can you use them to retell the story, or just your favourite part to a grown-up? Maybe they can film you and upload it for me to see on Hwb. paper bag princess puppets
  • Can you think of words to describe Princess Elizabeth from the story? Was she clever, brave? Can you make a paper bag princess of your own (pictured) and add some describing words to describe Elizabeth?
  •  
  • Some of you have already made some crowns of your own. How about making one of these crowns here; paper bag princess letters crown. If you can’t print it, how about making your own crown and adding your name to it?

Reception

• Please continue with your Jolly Phonics songs and letter formation *the orientation of letters is the most important thing*. 
  • Keep practising those flashcards and reading books. Let me know how you’re getting on. 
  • We would be starting to learn ‘tricky words’ in school this term. Here are the first set. You can try learning them, practise writing them, painting them, typing them on Jit (the same way you work on your flashcards for reading).

Nursery

• Please continue to practise your Popat. I have seen pictures and heard off some Mums saying that you are doing well, we are all really proud of you. Keep it up!
  • Here are some more pencil control pages you can practise to get you ready for writing: Pencil-Control-Activity-Booklet_ver_1

Maths activities

• The dragon in the story went SUPER FAST around the world. How fast can you go around your garden? Have a dragon race! You will need help from a grown-up to time you in seconds, to see how quickly you can do a lap of your garden (or another safe area!). Can you beat your first attempt? how fast can your brother/sister/Mother/Father do it in? paper bag princess dragon race
  • Here are the Numicon shapes for you to print off, or if not maybe you could make some or let me know if you’d like to pick some print offs from school.  Numicon shapes

Nursery; practise ordering numbers 1 to 5 and recognising the shapes when you choose them (we like putting them in a feely bag or under a cloth to choose them at random). If you are confident in ordering the shapes, try writing the numbers and matching them up to the shapes. 

Reception; As above, but you try ordering and recognising all shapes 1 to 10. Maybe you could make a number line of your own by adding numbered labels once you have placed the shapes in order. 

Addition: Next, I would like you to try putting two shapes together. Pick two shapes (from 1 to 5) from a bag or under a cloth. Put the shapes together and count how much that makes. e.g. 2 and 3 makes 5. Lay the 5 shape over the top to check. Please don’t try writing ‘sums’ at this stage, it’s all based in the practical and physical act of addition.

• When your child is happy doing that, you can make some real life addition stories for them e.g. If Miss was playing a game with 3 children (use the 3 shape) and another 1 child came to play (use the 1 shape), how many are playing the game with Miss? The more ‘real’ you make the story, the higher the enjoyment!

• OUTSIDE: You can further ‘cement’ this practise by playing a game outside.  Draw two ‘hoops’ or use hula hoops or mats on the floor. Use beanbags/pebbles etc to throw into the hoops…’how many did you get in the hoops?’ Use the Numicon shapes to ‘add’ by putting them together.

Other activities

• Elizabeth’s dress got burnt. if you could make a new one for her what would it look like? You could either decorate with paints or pens or maybe collage some fabric/sequins etc on to the template; Princess dress
  • Here are some scissor skill sheets to practise cutting out. It is a vital skill that always could use some improvement and help develop the children’s fine motor skills. If you don’t have access to a printer, can your child practise ‘snipping’ at paper first, then move on to cutting out basic shapes or lines on a page? Scissor skills
  • I know some of you have done or partly done this experiment at home. Well done. If you have, maybe you can send me some pictures or record your findings on Jit for me. This is the dragon’s ice melting experiment. Can you help him to release his friend’s from the ice? You could either freeze the toys in cups in the freezer, or, if cold enough during the week, we have left some outside previously to freeze on a tuff spot/flat tray of water! Dragon ice melting challenge; Castle Characters  Dragon Picture Dragon Ice melting Adult Input Plan
  • Here is another dragon story for you to listen to:https://youtu.be/F5ClYtKFq0c
  • How about making a dragon using only a paper plate (or some recycled card) https://www.learnwithplayathome.com/2015/06/simple-paper-plate-dragon-craft.html
  • If you are outside, you could collect some leaves/petals or bits and bobs (ask mam or Dad first!) to make a princess picture: https://mothernatured.com/nature-crafts/disney-princess-dress-ups/

As always, I will remind you how important it is to keep fit and active. Here is a link to some fun dancing you can do from the comfort of your living room! https://youtu.be/29TR33moqUA

• If dry, it is lovely to get out and about. How about looking out for signs of Spring if out walking or in a garden? I have lots of new buds and shoots starting to poke through the ground now. Also, keep looking out for animal visitors to your garden. You can do a bird watch like on the RSPB site, counting birds in your garden, or look out for animal prints in ground (see last week’s nature detectives spotter sheet).
  • It is national Hedgehog day on Tuesday February 2nd! You could try making a hedgehog home https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/how-to-make-a-hedgehog-house.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_sHW6oXH7gIVk-7tCh1-eQfyEAAYASAAEgJq9_D_BwE

or, if not, a hedgehog picture on Jit or from paint would be lovely. Here is a class favourite to share at home; https://youtu.be/eamppE5qDow

I hope you have a lovely time trying some of those activities this week. Remember, there are lots of stars up for grabs, so please try uploading pictures pictures or your work directly with me! You can do it. You are all SUPERSTARS! You can contact ne any time if you have any worries or questions. 

See you soon in the meetings this week,

Take care,

Miss Griffiths. X

Week beg January 25th 2021

Hi Class 2! I hope you are all well and keeping busy?! It has been so lovely hearing off lots of you and seeing your work uploaded on Hwb. If you’re unsure how to do it there is a video on last week’s work. You can always contact me at GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net if you have any queries. Well, what a start to the week! I hope you have all managed to get out to play in the snow? I have been out walking and spotting snowmen..here are just a few I saw along the way! can you tell which one was small (abt 6 inches) and which one was big (about 6ft)?!

To all of you who got on to the meeting last week…WELL DONE! You are AWESOME! And a HUUUUGE thank you to Mums and Dads who I know are there, just off screen to help with any technical issues and enable meetings of this kind to take place!

This week we will have 2 afternoon meetings for Reception. If you can make it, it’ll be lovely to see you there. One will be on Monday at 1:30 and the other Friday 1:30. If you have any questions about the tasks, you can ask me in the Monday meeting. If you have something special to show me, we will save that for the Friday meetings. 

I mentioned to you in the meeting that I would be adding a star (or a few!) to your avatar (little character given to you) on J2Stars. You can find them on Just2Easy and then J2Stars where you can also edit the avatar. From this week I will be awarding stars every time you attend a meeting but also when I see work online or photos of work tasks that you have uploaded or e-mailed to me. Reach for those stars! 

Language activities

As we had Zog as one of our stories last week (if you don’t know or didn’t watch see on link at the end pf last week’s work). Our first activity is to write something about the story on Jit (In J2Easy). You can do this online…try writing a sentence, or just some words. Here are some words that might help:

Dragon        Zog           Princess Pearl         Sir Gadabout

Here is a video how to access the page I’ve shared with you. Click to open and add your writing. Don’t forget to save it by clicking on the orange ‘bubble’ with the blue square (or floppy disc for those of us who can remember those!) then I’ll be able to see it in your folders!

Reception: Please continue working on your Jolly Phonics sounds and digraphs. Try writing them in sand, snow, paint or on paper, rainbow writing and try joining the digraph sounds. 

Here is an activity where you can continue to practise your blending…joining 3 letters together to make a simple word: 

cvc word cards        CVC-Writing-Word-Activity-Sheets

YOU CAN WATCH SOME WORDS BEING BLENDED HERE: https://youtu.be/qWn-qxUddqo

A few of you sent me pictures or videos of you reading your flashcards and I think you might be ready for some reading books. You clever cats! We usually start giving the books out when you know MOST of the flashcards (about 8 out of the 12 but please continue to practise them too alongside the books). So here are the first two books and some activity pages I would like you to work on. Let me know how you get on and ask Mam or Dad to make a note of it in your reading records for me to see when you can come back to school.  You read the small text to the child and they read the large text or text in speech bubbles e.g. “I want to play here”. 

Book 1 – The New Children: The new children

Book 2 – The Naughty Hamster: The naughty hamster

• Alongside the books here are a few activities to go along with the Mrs Owen stories:

Nursery: Please continue practising your Popat sounds and following the games in the booklet. These can be practised EVERY DAY for 5 – 10 mins. 

Here are some pencil control activities for you to work on, or, similarly, if you can’t print off try practising your mark making in sand, snow, zippy paint bags, shaving foam on trays or rice on trays. 

winter pencil control

Maths activities:

Well done on the fantastic sorting and matching activities I’ve seen going on. Here is another lesson about how to match in a different way! It’s still pairing things but similar items, things that go together. Have a look around your home to see if you can find anything matching in this way: Relatable objects: https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/matching-pairs-of-related-objects-c8v68t?activity=video&step=1

Here is a matching activity for you to try if you can print you are matching animals to their homes. matching animals to their homes

Here is a road safety matching pairs game for you to try: https://www.educaplay.com/learning-resources/8053449-road_safety_match_the_pictures.html

Here is an activity to match the number of objects and do some counting and comparing activities with some ideas of what you can ask them. You could set up similar groups of objects using toys/pegs/buttons or something else you have in the house: EYFS-Mathematics-Number-Comparing-Sets-of-Objects

Here are some number songs you can sing and move about to: https://youtu.be/DR-cfDsHCGA

Other activities:

Today (Monday) is St Dwynwen’s day (like Valentine’s day in Wales). If you have Lego at home, why not try making a heart shape out of bricks? See if you can make some patterns with 2 colours like in this picture: St Dwynwens Day Building Brick.

Why not make a special picture or card for a loved one to show them how much you care? Saint-Dwynwens-day-cards

Or you could make a ‘love spoon’ for someone special if you have some wooden spoons and paints lying around. You could add gems or ribbon to make it special! Here is a page to tell you what some symbols on traditional love spoons mean:

• As always, it is really important to keep fit and active. If it is still snowy, get out for a snow walk and see what you can spot…tracks in the snow? What creature or vehicle could have made it? animal tracks. You can see which animals could have been in your garden by looking at foot prints here: https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2017/12/animal-tracks-snow-print-identification/
  • Can you count how many snowmen you can spot while out and about in the village. Or, if there’s enough snow left, how about building your own?
  • If you are inside how about dancing to some of our favourite songs in class?…

Shake your sillies out: https://youtu.be/NwT5oX_mqS0 or how about get funky? https://youtu.be/w6YbSxMhsQ0

Here are a few more stories with castles for you to listen to:

George and the dragon https://youtu.be/IA9nAvl8uuw

One for Mam or Dad to read along…’The snowflake mistake’ https://youtu.be/zoFCrDO6Ne4

And one about a small knight: https://youtu.be/wifH9We8kTk

Here is a reminder of the Green Cross Code for when you are out walking near busy roads:

And here are some colouring pages from the Road Safety team you can do at home:

Decorate your Helmet

Have fun doing some of the activities this week and don’t forget to send me pictures or upload your work for me. Can’t wait to see you in the meetings Reception and Nursery, it’s your turn next.

Take care,

Miss Griffiths. X

Week beg January 18th 2021

Hi Boys and girls how are you doing? I hope you are all well and getting on with some of the tasks I am setting you at home. I know lots of you are because last week I heard off a record number of you! Well done, you are all…

Lots of you sent me pictures of your work and messages to tell me what you’ve learnt. I saw that lots of you have logged on to your Hwb accounts and been uploading things on there for me to look at. I do try to comment on your work and you can reply on there by clicking on the speech bubble to send a message right back. It has made me so happy and proud of all of you to see you trying your best in very tricky circumstances. Keep up the good work! Remember if you need anything, or have any queries about the work you can contact me on my email or at school (if I’m not in, leave a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can).  GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net

Important notice: Reception, this week we are going to have a “check-in” meeting on Teams. I will set it for Friday afternoon. You need your Hwb log in details and to check your emails and accept the invitation to join the meeting. Lots of you with older brothers/sisters in school can ask them to show you what to do. If not, check out the guidance below how to join a meeting. I’ll look forward to seeing you there!

Using-Microsoft-Teams

Language activities;

Nursery:

We have been practising ‘Popat’ with you in Class 2 and you have all been doing so well learning the 18 sounds. There are packs available to pick up from school to keep up with the Popat. Please let us know if this won’t be possible and we’ll try to get them out to you. Popat can be practised every day, the accompanying booklet explains the games, in addition to this Mrs Bibb has put together her ‘top tips’ for Popat sessions! Click here to see some pointers.  Popat guide for parents

Continue practising to write your name. Use rainbow colours or pends/paints etc to write it. If it’s a nice day, you can practise writing outside with chalk or ‘magic water’ with a paintbrush. See if you can write your whole name before it disappears!

Reception:

Please continue to practise the Jolly Phonics sounds and songs and doing some letter formation at home.  letter formation

Jolly Phonics songs; https://youtu.be/_s-1sxzjPX8

For this week’s digraph blend we are recapping:

Can you think of any words with this sound in? Maybe the colour…

Or how about one of the days of the week…  

Have a look at what Geraldine finds with this sound in and then try writing it yourself. If you are feeling very clever you can join the letters!

https://youtu.be/BCeE3B_tAq8

ue formation

ue cut and stick

How about trying to blend some words like we do in class? https://youtu.be/VxBEmaaSh1c

Here are some other digraphs you can review and practise writing. if you haven’t got a printer, don’t worry, rainbow write, or practise writing on paper, or you could even try on Jit, then upload so I can see it! DigraphsBooklet-1 (1)

ch and sh

Maths activities

Please continue to practise writing numbers 1 to 10. Numbers to 10

There are lots of lovely number games to play on these websites:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering

and for letter recognition, blending letters together  and numbers there is this website here: https://www.starfall.com/h/index.php

We are going to try adding groups of numbers. I saw that lots of you had ordered your toys by size. Now we are looking at matching pairs of things. Here is a video to show you how we do this. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/matching-pairs-of-identical-objects-61jk6d?activity=video&step=1

Lots of things around the house come in pairs, can you think of any? How about…

or socks? Can you help mum and Dad sort the socks from the washing machine?! How about if your shoes are in a muddle? Can you put them into matching pairs? Can you think of anything else you can sort into pairs? Remember they need to be the same to be a pair!

Toddler Play: Matching Pairs Hide and Seek Game – The Imagination Tree

If you have access to a printer you can make this Peter Rabbit pairs game: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/makes/peter-rabbit-print-play-pairs-game

Other Activities:

If you are still working on your castle/Knights/Prince and Princesses topic work from last work please continue to do so. maybe you could add to what you’ve already done. Remember to send me your work or photos of it on Hwb, I love seeing it and you all looking so happy!

Have a look at these different kinds of castles. Who do you think lives there? Which is your favourite? Maybe you can look up some Welsh castles and decide which one you would like to see and why? You can type messages to me on Jit and maybe draw the castle you like or add a picture from Google. castles ppt

Here are some more stories for you to listen to: https://youtu.be/6s7aSNUCkiM

How about a story about a friendly dragon? : https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bwdw8y/zog

After you have listened to that can you make a picture of Zog or Princess Pearl? Here are some activities if you can print them: zog colouring

You could make a paper chain dragon like this one here: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/articles/teaching-content/chinese-new-year-dragon-craft-project/

Dragon craft

Here are some colouring pages for you: dragon colouring pages

As always please try and stay active too.  If the weather is nice, get outside for a walk or on your bikes or scooters. It’s very important to keep fit and healthy, tempting as it can be to stay cosy in front of the tv! Try to move any way you can and make it fun! 

Not quite a dragon, but come fly with Andy! https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06tmrxy/andys-wild-workouts-series-1-7-up-in-the-air

Here’s a dance class with Diane, another of my favourites from Strictly! https://youtu.be/wQ478vdfp6A

Have fun, I hope you manage to get some of these activities done. Stay safe, I miss seeing you all every day, but it has been lovely to see you online and that you’ve been busy at home. Reception, please remember to try joining our meeting on Friday, it will be lovely to see you.

Take care,

Miss Griffiths. X

January 11th 2021

Hi Class 2, how are you all doing? I hope you had a good week last week and are all keeping well and busy at home. So, as we are not in school again this week I thought I would introduce our topic for this term… here are some clues…

..That’s right, I’ve called it ‘King of the Castle’ so we will be finding out about all sorts of things including Kings and Queens, dragons and knights and castles themselves. I am really excited to be starting on this topic and would like for you to do a little project at home on one of these aspects of the topic. It’s up to you what you would like to do; it could be a picture, a model (Lego castle etc) or 3D artwork or finding out some information and interesting facts about one of these things. Please try and upload any work to Hwb for me to see what you have done. If you’re unsure of how to do so, you can contact me on GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net here is a short clip to explain how https://youtu.be/fTIL9WIL9O0.

there are some ideas here; https://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/castlesartscraftsideasprojectskids.html

If you don’t know your Hwb username and password, please contact myself or the school and we can get that to you. Please try and upload a photo or a message or even a picture on Jit 5 (using the paint tab at the top) to let me know that you can access your Hwb accounts. I am hoping to try a Teams meeting with Reception children as soon as possible just to see how everyone is getting on.

Parent notice; Twinkl website is free to join up to get access to free resources; both printable and online resources and stories. It will remain free throughout lockdown to help with home schooling.

Language activities

If you have access to a printer, here are some pencil control sheets you might want to print out and try at home; Castles-and-Knights-Pencil-Control-Activity-Sheets.

And here are some letter formation sheets you can try; letter formation

If you do not have access to a printer, maybe you can try some multi-sensory approaches; put some shaving foam, paint, sand, rice or cornflour and water mix in a tray and have fun “writing” with your fingers or a paintbrush!

Jolly Phonics- Reception

Please continue to practise the phonic songs. We were meant to work on these digraphs before Christmas so, a little recap for you:

Can you think of any words with this sound in? Watch this clip of Geraldine looking or things around the house, then see if you can practise writing the letters on some paper. Remember, try your best to join them! https://youtu.be/KK8_kUg3454

Here are some worksheets for you to practise blending your er words. er worksheets

Can you make the sound? You sound a bit like  pirate! Can you think of any words with this sound in? See what Geraldine found: https://youtu.be/QXBQDsgRuMo.

Can you try making the letters, have a go at making them join! ar words

Maths activities

This week we will be doing some sorting activities. You can use some of your toys at home, or even some food from the kitchen (ask mum or Dad first!).  Collect 5 or 6 things and decide how you could sort them. Can you sort them into size order? Or into colours? If they are animal toys by how many legs they have etc. You decide! Take a photo once you are done. I would love to see how you do it!

https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/sorting-a-collection-of-objects-in-different-ways-cguk0r?activity=video&step=1

You could try sorting the characters and things from a famous story of a princess. size sorting sheets. 

I have added the story below if you would like to hear it! https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-t-12323-the-princess-and-the-pea-ebook. 

Sorry, that link to the princess and the pea story might not work. Try these versions instead: https://youtu.be/qRIQaGCXdZY

https://storyberries.com/fairy-tales-the-princess-and-the-pea-by-hans-christian-andersen/

Here is a sorting game online for you to sort the items into boxes: https://pbskids.org/sid/games/sorting-box

Other activities

Remember it is very important to keep our bodies healthy as well as our minds so here are a few activities to do just that! I am back trying to do my daily yoga sessions at home and thought you might like to do the same? Here is a story about a little dragon to keep you moving: https://youtu.be/7NWzS2xziI4?list=TLPQMTAwMTIwMjHcJxtl3fwPxA

It is lovely to be outside, so if possible, go out in your gardens or for a walk with an adult every day.

Here are some lovely ideas on Cbeebies for keeping active! https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/fun-exercises-to-do-at-home-with-kids

And here are one or two stories for you to listen to at home too:

If you like dragon stories: https://youtu.be/BTtDngKlPq0

or if you prefer princess stories: https://youtu.be/yUn4J8-vryQ 

Here are some castle colouring pages;

castle cut and paste

Let me know how you get on. Try your best to do some of the activities. If there are any problems please contact me on my email above or ring the school, you can always leave a message for me there.

Take care all of you,

Stay busy and out of trouble! I look forward to hearing from you or seeing what you’ve been up to!

Miss Griffiths. X

January 4th 2021

Hi Class 2,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year safely at home. Was Santa kind?! I bet he was because you have been such good boys and girls in school all year! Well, we are having a strange start to 2021 so here are some activities to do this week at home to keep you busy. It is really important that you stay busy and keep up with some work tasks every day. Here is my email address GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net . Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems or require help with anything.

It’s a new year so have you made a new year’s wish? Have a think of something you would hope to get better at or something new you want to try this year. new years resolution stars.  If you can’t get to a printer can you make a star wand out of something else? Perhaps you can you make it sparkly?

Language:

Can you draw a picture of your favourite present or something special you did at Christmas? Can a grown- up help you write what you have drawn on the page? Please bring this with you back to school to share your news with the class.

Carry on practising the Jolly Phonics songs and actions: https://youtu.be/_s-1sxzjPX8

Reception

Here are some simple words for you to try blending letters together https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPSPWvNrXjuOp-MZhmJDo5rxBFzFf_z4i2-A&usqp=CAU

satipn worksheet

Can you practise writing your name? Lots of you have got the hang of it now and are recognising lots of letters in your name already! You can rainbow write your name if Mum or Dad write it for you first and then you can overwrite using lots of colours.

Here is a worksheet to practise your name and counting: If you can print it, practise writing your name and then count up the letters in your name. Make a tally and count the letters and record on the sheet. Number of Letters in name

Here are some nice short stories to listen to https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/short-stories. There are some follow-up activities to go with them.

You have been lucky to see some snow here recently, so here are some snowy stories to listen to when you are all cosy at home:

https://youtu.be/vChCLsf6DEs

https://youtu.be/FmZCQfeWjeQ

https://youtu.be/8NhYy_J82gk

Can you draw or make a snowy scene or a picture of a snowman?

Maths

Here are some counting songs to practise your numbers: https: https://youtu.be/V_lgJgBbqWE

Here is an episode of Numberblocks to watch https://youtu.be/euhbE8aMfC0

How about sorting beans/sweeties or some colourful objects by colour?

If you have beads or buttons, try threading them onto pipe cleaners or straws and matching to number cards, or simply by asking “can you thread 5 beads on?”

Can you measure some things around the house? Compare which toys are the longest/shortest. You can use household items to measure things, even socks!

Have fun with those activities! Try your best to do some of them and stay busy and safe.

Take care,

Lots of love,

Miss Griffiths. X

December 15th 2020

Hi Class 2!

Well this wasn’t the end of term we were quite hoping for. I just wanted to say a HUUUGE well done to you all for your hard work this term and for how you’ve settled back into school life since September. I am so proud of how hard you have all worked and how well you have coped with any changes and challenges we have had to deal with in class and through the school.

So, here are some things I thought you might like to do over this week. Try your best to complete some tasks. You might need a grown up or a brother/sister to help you. Remember if you have any queries you can contact school this week or me directly on; GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net

Language

Here are nice Christmas stories you can watch and listen to https://youtu.be/qhfLzw9Gf6Q

If you have a printer you could try these activities;

stick_man_colouring             stick_man_maze

or if you can’t get to a printer, try making your own stick man with twigs from the garden : 

You can make your own Babushka doll if you have a printer; baboushka colourings  . Or try making your own 

Olaf;

https://youtu.be/fNTuYE9WU4g

Jolly Phonics

Remember to practise your Jolly Phonics songs and sounds with actions. https://youtu.be/_s-1sxzjPX8

You could practise writing a few letters at a time on paper, in sand on a tray, in shaving foam or in paint inside a zippy bag (using your finger or a paintbrush to create the letter shape); http://lets-explore.net/blog/2009/10/paint-bag-writing/

Reception

The digraphs we would have been finishing off working on this week are:

You can try to think of words with these sounds in or watch Geraldine Giraffe looking for words with these sounds in. Can you think of any more ar, ue or er words?

https://youtu.be/QXBQDsgRuMo

https://youtu.be/BCeE3B_tAq8 

https://youtu.be/KK8_kUg3454

Here is a digraph booklet if you can print them to practise your letter sounds; DigraphsBooklet-1

Maths

There are some lovely number activities to watch and enjoy are on Cbeebies. If you’ve not seen them before, take a look at the Numberblocks;  https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks

We have been learning about shape recently. Here is a game we have played in class. Try feeding the shape monsters with their favourite shapes: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/early-years/shape-monsters

We have also been looking at comparing ‘presents’ in class and weighing them and sorting them from heaviest to lightest or vice versa. https://pbskids.org/peg/games/happy-camel

You could try doing this with items from around the house using a balance scales or normal weighing scales if you have one:

Other activites;

Please continue to practise reading with your children; they have made a fab-u-lous start learning their flashcard words. Keep going and we’ll be giving books out soon.

Of course Christmas is coming so making Christmas crafts, decorations and cards is one of my favourite thing to do at this time of year. We managed a few but maybe you could carry on with making some of these at home:

You could try a handprint reindeer…

If you have some spare wooden spoons around the house…

https://blog.hope-education.co.uk/christmas-crafts-wooden-festive-friends/

And there are some lovely ideas here too!

https://ednaapp.com/blog/eyfs-early-years-christmas-craft-activities/

http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/10/100-christmas-activities-and-crafts-for.html

Have fun with those! I might try some of those myself…especially the yummy biscuits!

I hope you all manage to have a lovely Christmas, get to see your loved ones (safely) and have lots and lots of fun! (and chocolates!).

Sending you all my best wishes,

Take care, Merry Christmas, see you in the new year!

Love from

Miss Griffiths. X

Distance learning; September

Hi class 2. If you are on this page I assume you are accessing this for a number of reasons. I will be putting work on here so that you can access tasks at home to keep up with your child’s learning.

This week we have been learning about nocturnal animals. If you look at these posters to see some nocturnal animals and then get your child to sort the animals into diurnal (day) and nocturnal (night) animals. Nocturnal Animals Posters

Nocturnal-and-Diurnal-Animals-Sorting-Activity-Black-and-White

we have also heard a story called ‘The Owl who was afraid of the dark’ and been working on that if your child would like to hear a story we have had in class. https://youtu.be/hZOhIUu6POE

We have also had a story about the who was afraid of the dark. We have made paper plate dream catchers to catch things we are frightened of or worried about.

If you require any more work or actual learning packs please contact the school or, you can email me here; GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net

Take care, stay safe,

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Miss Griffiths.

‘Talk 2gether’

You might be aware of, or your child may have accessed sessions within school or out of school previously. It is a support service for the development of speech and language and communication skills for Nursery/Reception aged children. Sessions have previously run in the Resolven ‘Building blocks’ centre and I know of several families who have seen the benefit from these sessions with their child. Currently there are no one-to-one sessions at the centre or in school but they have moved their service online. You can access this through Facebook if you are interested, it is full of facts, tips and video clips to help your children’s speech, language and communication skills develop. The page on Facebook is called ‘Talk2gether’ and has a rainbow as the picture.

If you would like to contact the ladies running the group directly I can put you in touch with them or if you ring the school we will pass on contact details.

July 13th 2020

Hey gang! Well, this is it, the last week of term. I can’t believe how quickly the time has gone this year. I have loved being back in Class 2 and having you all as my first Nursery/Reception class for quite a few years! I have been learning new things right there alongside you! I am proud of each and every one of you, how hard you have all worked when we were together in class and since you have all been at home.

You have all been doing so well, this is your time to finish off any challenges I have set in previous weeks or maybe some that you didn’t get around to. Remember I love seeing your photos of what you have been up to or hearing your news. You can contact me on: GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net

So, below are a few activities to keep you going:

• You might have been working on a superhero costume for a superhero party.. I will share a picture of mine with you soon!
  • Here’s a story about how to be a Superhero: https://youtu.be/WyzHDKa0a3M  Can you think of some other rules you would have for being a Superhero?
  • Hmm, this story looks kind of familiar… https://youtu.be/7Ris4-Wn1Es
  • Or this cartoon is a real superhero adventure with Spiderman and Ironman https://youtu.be/fxXVRWxlCws

Please continue practising your phonics songs and handwriting over the holidays. You are all superheroes to me!

Finally. if you want to keep up with the cosmic kids yoga I have been posting weekly (as we are in the Hub class) there are loads to choose from here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cosmic+kids

Or you can combine the two and workout to letter sounds! https://youtu.be/VFa0b_IIRac

So take care my lovely lot, I am thinking of you all and hoping you stay busy and happy at home (with being able to get out and about a bit more now). I have lots of happy memories of you all as Class 2 and am only sorry that our time together was cut short: class poem

Lots of love to you all,

Miss Griffiths. XXX

July 5th 2020

Hi Class 2, how are you all? So, we have been busy back in school this week. Sadly I do not get to see you back in class yet, but I am thinking of you all. I have been checking up on you with Mums or older brothers and sisters or even waving and getting to chat to one or two of you as you’ve passed the school when I’m in class with the hub group! That has been lovely to see your smiley faces!

Don’t forget, you can contact me with any queries or just to check-in at GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net  or by phoning the school. It has been lovely to hear off a few of you and see pictures of what you’ve been up to. Keep going, you are all…

Language activities:

Sticking with our Superhero theme, this week’s story is here: https://youtu.be/awUsYB5qR5g

• After listening to the story decide what makes your Mum a ‘Supermum’? Does she give ‘Super’ hugs? Does she make you Super cakes? Does she kiss any baddies better when you fall over?
  • Can you make a special picture or card for your Mum to say thank you? Maybe ask Dad or an older brother or sister to help you make her a cup of tea or how about just giving her your BIGGEST cuddle?
  • If you have access to a computer you can print off these coupons and fill in to give Mum (or Dad) a treat: https://www.rewardcharts4kids.com/mothers-day-coupon-book/

Phonics

Nursery:

Your letter sound this week is at the beginning of all of these words. See if you can guess what it is..

That’s right it’s 

• See if you can join in with the song and the actions here: https://youtu.be/DKeurfMTFig
  • Now try making your own ‘r’ letter shapes https://youtu.be/KhXmcmB-nno You can use crayons or chalks on paper or outside. How about asking a grown up to help you make salt dough letters? Click here for the recipe:

Reception:

• Your final digraph blend is

• You can blend some words with ue in here: https://youtu.be/fLrAGcK26s4
  • Watch Geraldine to see if she can find anything with this tricky sound in this time! https://youtu.be/BCeE3B_tAq8
  • How about giving it a go to write these letters? Remember, try your best to join them. You can do it!

Maths activities:

We have been learning lots about shapes. Now we will start looking at 3D shapes or ‘chunky’ shapes that aren’t flat. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/finding-3d-shapes-in-the-environment/activities/1

Other activities:

• Maybe you could have your own superhero day in your garden?!

Right, there’s a few things there to keep you busy. I hope you have lots of fun attempting some of this week’s tasks. You are working so hard and doing really well at home! I am proud of you all.

Take care,

Love from

Miss Griffiths. X

June 29th 2020

Hi Class 2 how are we all doing? I hope you are all safe and have been keeping busy, maybe doing some of the activities on this page? If you have and would like to send me pictures or upload your work to Hwb (I will be able to see it) or just send me a message to say ‘Hi’ that would be lovely! You can contact me at this email : GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net or if you have any queries, you can ring the school and ask to speak to me.

Maths activities:

Yikes!

Language activities:

• Continuing with our Super hero stories, this time it’s the turn of ‘Super Duck’ https://youtu.be/d222PVYRXh0
  • After listening to the story have a think about a time you helped someone (maybe a friend like Duck). How did it make you feel? How did it make the other person feel?
  • ‘Not all Superheroes wear capes’. Have a think about people in your community who you could call a hero! Maybe someone has done something special for you. Who is your hero?

Phonics

Nursery:
  • This week your sound is at the beginning of these words:

Can you guess? Yes it’s 

Reception:

• We have nearly finished our digraph sounds now. I hope you have been practising writing them. Next we will be moving on to capital letters! So this time we are looking at this digraph https://youtu.be/Z-0wWdE-Ezg
  • watch Geraldine looking for things with this sound in: https://youtu.be/IRTITdRL_cU
  • Try joining those two letters when you practise them! Write them outside, in your books, in paint. You are doing so well, keep it up!

Other activities:

Here are some more stories with a Superhero theme running throughout:

I would LOVE to see photos of you dressed up in your costumes!

I hope you try to complete some of the tasks here. I will look forward to hearing off you if you do!

Take care all of you, I am thinking of all of you and sending you my warmest wishes.

Love from

Miss Griffiths. X

June 24th 2020

Hi Class 2. How are you all? I hope you are all still keeping safe and busy and enjoying the sunshine we are having this week. So, just a few things this week to keep you busy. Well done if you have been trying out some of the activities from pervious weeks. Remember you can carry on with those or try some of the newer tasks ahead.

Language activities:

Here’s another superhero story for you to have a listen to: https://youtu.be/50wydyO2xnI

• Did you enjoy that story? Tell someone in your house what was your favourite part? Can you remember, what did Elliot do for the Queen? The mayor? The Coastguard?
  • What do you help with at home?
  • Elliot can fly a jet and tame lions and do all sorts of super things! What are you ‘super’ at?

Phonics

Nursery:

Your sound this week is at the beginning of our hero’s name! Can you remember? Yes it’s…

Reception:

We are learning a new digraph this week it is: 

Maths activities:

Can you think of anything else?

Other activities:

Why not try some of these home challenges fit for a superhero?!

superhero challenges

Or some science investigations:

cola experiment   or how about balloon experiment

I hope you all enjoy some of these tasks.

Take care. I’m sending lots of love and best wishes to you all,

Miss Griffiths. X

Parents, please see attached a letter regarding pupils returning to school from 29th June 2020.

Parent-Letter-120620-Eng

June 17th 2020

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe and busy at home. It has been lovely to hear off some of you and see some pictures of the things you’ve been doing at home. Well done, you are working hard (and a MASSIVE thank you to all you Mams and Dads for keeping them going with tasks and their work too).

As always, you can carry on with the tasks from previous weeks if you want to or have a go at the activities I have put on below. Remember, don’t worry if you don’t get around to them all, and, if you have any queries or want to share news or pictures of your work, you can always contact me on: GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net  I love hearing from you or getting to see those smiley faces!

So, for the final few weeks of term I thought we would change it up a bit again and look at a new mini topic. I know all of you (and Mams and Dads) have been real heroes to keep going through this difficult time. I also know lots of you love superheroes so I thought that would be a nice mini topic to end the term on.

Language activities:

• A funny and favourite story of mine around this topic is ‘Supertato’! Have a listen here: https://youtu.be/rze89HB9u8g
  • Did you enjoy that story? Did it make you laugh? Me too! Tell someone in your house what was he best bit? Who was your favourite character? Did you feel sorry for the evil pea at the end?
  • Draw a picture of something that happened in that story. Maybe you could write some words underneath? Pea, carrot, Supertato.
  • Supertato used his super speed and super strength to beat the pea’s evil plan. What super power would you like to have? Why?

Phonics

Nursery:

A tricky one for you this time (to write), you’ll have to try REALLY hard. It makes the same sound as our phoneme last week but looks a bit different?

Its…

Listen to the same Jolly phonics song here: https://youtu.be/bZNxhoxSAFA

And watch how to make it on paper here:https://youtu.be/iVUIQGanrP0

Try your best on paper, with water and a paintbrush, in shaving foam with your finger. It’s a tricky one this week!

Reception:

Your digraph (two letters one sound) this week is found at the end of supER, and mothER, fathER, sistER and lots of othER words! Can you guess? Make the mixing bowl action… it’s 

Maths activities:

• Try sorting some fruit and vegetables maybe by colour or size. You’d need 2 containers and some fruit and vegetables. Ask your child to sort them in to groups. Ask for their reasons for sorting; e.g. “these are all green”. They might do it based on their own likes and dislikes.
  • You can use the same fruits and vegetables or play objects for solving basic addition and subtraction problems. It’s most important to use addition language; one more, how many altogether?
  • You could also use the fruits and vegetables to make a repeating pattern as we’ve discussed in previous weeks or you could do some potato printing with coloured paints to make a repeating pattern too!
  • Here are some more counting songs to keep practising: https://youtu.be/7D4K9oi7oBM
  • And don’t forget there are some lovely number resources (like numberblocks) to play on the Cbeebies site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/topics/numeracy

Other activities:

• It is important as always to keep active and busy. Why not pretend to be the ‘evil pea’ and have a game of hide and seek around the house?
  • You could make a potato head or Supertato or decorate other veg to make a ‘super’ character:

• You could make a film of you character being rescued or chased by Supertato! https://youtu.be/bBNV-YvdlO4
  • How about asking a grown up to help you taste some super veg? Maybe you could do some cooking with the vegetables.
  • As Nursery did K for kite this week and because I think we are expecting some windy weather, how about making a paper kite? https://youtu.be/Bf-J9l1C5jM
  • As always I have been stretching and doing my yoga at home, here we have an adventure fit for a superhero, Spiderman himself! https://youtu.be/fnO-lGEMOXk
  • Or how about some Superhero dancing? https://youtu.be/Py4fhsx3Ct4 

I hope you enjoyed some of those activities, Take care everyone, I hope to see you soon,

Miss Griffiths. X

June 10th 2020 

Hi Class 2, Miss Griffiths here.

How are you all doing? I hope you’re all ok and keeping happy and busy. I have been painting again this week…no, not the nice, relaxing kind on canvas this time…

but my railings outside. BOOO! They needed to be done, and it was a big job so glad that it’s done! I will get back to my more relaxing artistic painting soon!

I hope you have been enjoying our ‘Under the Sea’ theme. Lots of you have been busy with the tasks. Well done, I am so proud of all of your hard work (you too Mams and Dads). Remember if you have any questions about the work or would like to send me pictures of your work (I LOVE hearing from you!), you can upload them to your Hwb page where I will be able to see them (there is an explanation how to do this below on week beg May 6th. Or you can email me on GriffithsL244@hwbcymru.net  with any queries.

Language activities:

So, for our story this week, I have returned to one of my favourite children’s authors; Julia Donaldson. This week is a tale of friendship and team work (makes the dream work!) in Sharing a shell: https://youtu.be/6KuSl9eXgpk

So how many friends shared a shell in that story? That’s right… 

Phonics:

Nursery:

Your phoneme or sound this week is at the beginning of these words; can you guess what it is?

Yes! It’s      

Reception:

Last time we looked at TH as our digraph sound. This week it’s ‘OU’. Can you think of anything with that sOUnd in?! Have a look to see what Geraldine fOUnd: https://youtu.be/-qtCB7CYH3I

• See if you can blend these OU words here; https://youtu.be/I6_Twpffldk
  • Now can you practise writing those letters together? Try your best at joining them. You can write them inside or out in sand trays, with magic water or in zip loc bags with paint as I showed before. Have fun!
  • The Jolly Phonics app is a really lovely tool and can get children practising their letter recognition and writing in a game format.
  • Alternatively, there are some lovely games on here to help with blending and recognition of letters and sounds. Start at whichever phase you think suits your child:https://www.phonicsbloom.com/

Maths activities:

So last week we looked at shape and I asked you to try a shape hunt around the home or in your gardens. So, as our story is sharing a shell, shells have lovely patterns on them…(have a look next time you’re on a beach or if you have some there) we will be investigating pattern.

You can make patterns using anything remember. Here are some examples with everyday objects you might have at home:

or even with food!

Other activities:

As always exercise and keeping active is very important even though we are at home so I have been continuing with my yoga practise and you can carry on with your yoga adventures here:

Well, that’s a few things to keep you busy! I’m off to do some baking this afternoon! That picture of a cake up above made my mouth water and I am fancying something sweet now! You know how much I go on about liking cake!!? Have fun my lovely lot and keep in touch.

Take care,

Lots of love,

Miss Griffiths. X

June 1st 2020

Hi Class 2!

How are you all doing? I hope you are all well and have been outside in the glorious sunshine having lots of fun with your parents and brothers and sisters. I think this weather is sticking around for a while so, if you did make a bug hotel, (as in our previous post) remember to keep checking for ‘guests’. I saw a cheeky little bird popping in and stealing some moss from our big class hotel! Ah well, it’s been lovely to see so many little birds and bugs visiting my garden and coming to say hello!

I know lots of you have been taking the time to get outside and play in paddling pools, enjoying barbecues or even learning a new skill; like riding a bike! Well done! Keep it up! My latest project is trying to learn a new language; Italian; molto bene!

So, on to this week’s tasks. We will be continuing with our ‘Under the Sea’ theme so, if you can, have a go at some of the tasks below. Remember, you can carry on with tasks from previous weeks if you like or think of your own ideas to do with the theme. Remember, you can send me pictures or upload files to your Hwb setting for me to see. I have loved hearing from you or seeing your smiley faces in the photos I have received so far! GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net

Language activities:

For one of this week’s stories click on the link to find out about some pirates finding a new home in ‘Dull on Sea’: https://youtu.be/mYuE9wK0SX4

Did you enjoy that story? What was your favourite part of the story?

• After listening to the story can you tell someone in your house what kinds of things a pirate has on their ship? What is different about Jim Lad the pirate and the other children in Tilda’s school?
  • Jim Lad and Tilda become good friends and share lots of pirate adventures. Can you draw a picture of one of your best friends? Have a go at writing their name?
  • Lots of the people at first don’t like the pirates and are unkind to them. Are the pirates kind? What do they do in the end to show how kind they are?

Phonics:

Nursery:

Your sound this week is at the beginning of these: Can you guess what it is?

One of these magical sea creatures… a NARWHAL OR….

This guy who is always lost….NEMO!

Yes, your letter sound to practise is… n https://youtu.be/ShOLkFMTU4s 

https://youtu.be/qwKNmHc6_oI

• Can you practise writing it in dirt with a stick, on paper, in sand, glitter, rice or cornflour mixed with water on a tray for a strange sensation! Well done!

Reception:

You have been writing digraph blends (2 letters making one sound) and trying your very best to join them! Fabulous work so far! This week our digraph is TH. Now remember, it can make two different sounds TH as in Three or TH as That. Can you think of some words with those sounds in? Here’s Geraldine to help: https://youtu.be/6U354eD-hgQ

• Can you practise writing it in your books, on paper, in sand or with magic water outside before the sun steals them away! Good job!
  • Here are some th words to practise blending and your reading skills: https://youtu.be/7f74GArsWis

Maths activities:

We are going to be looking at shape this week in maths. You can continue the counting and ordering using the games I’ve previously posted. Singing songs with number rhymes really helps to keep children  interested in number too. If they do the Pirate treasure activity below, they can count the treasure back in and out of the chest/pot/bag. Also, if they do the pirate map activity or making a ship, use any opportunity to name the shapes as you play. This will help to consolidate the children’s learning and further ‘cement’ ideas in their heads.

Other activities:

Here are some more stories for you to watch to keep up with our theme:

If you have old cardboard boxes lying around maybe a grown up can help you make a pirate ship or treasure chest, foil around cardboard makes good treasure to find around the garden!

So, have fun and keep safe and busy! I hope to see you all again soon. Let me know how you get on with this week’s tasks or tasks of your own,

Take care,

Lots of love,

Miss Griffiths.

Important note for parents:

Please see attached a ‘Parental Survey’ sent by the Local Authority to ascertain views of parents regarding a phased return of schooling for pupils. Please could you complete the survey by May 27th and email it to school: maesmarchogprimary@npt.school. Alternatively, you can drop the completed survey off at school on Wednesday or Friday this week. Thank you.

Parental Questionnaire

May 19th 2020

Hi again Class 2, how are you all doing? I hope you’re all ok and continuing to enjoy this time spent with your families  I am keeping busy with lots of jobs but missing seeing all your lovely little faces every day. I do however have to say a big WELL DONE to lots of you for keeping busy with the activities I have been setting and THANK YOU to those of you who have sent me emails, photos, video messages and updates on how you are doing at home. I am so proud of all of your efforts, keep it up!

So, as I said before, if you are still enjoying activities from one of our previous week’s tasks, that’s fine, you can ABSOLUTELY finish those off and don’t worry if you haven’t got around to all of them, go at your own pace. This week we are continuing with our ‘Under the Sea’ theme. If you have any questions or need help with anything, please don’t hesitate to contact me my email is GriffithsL22@hwbcymru.net

Language activities:

So one of our stories this week is:

• Did you enjoy that story? Tell someone in your house what your favourite part was. Can you remember which creatures the shark was trying to eat? Who came to their rescue? What is the message in this story? What do we say in class?…

• Can you think of something where you have had to ask for help to do something? Maybe it’s been doing one of these tasks at home? Maybe it’s been making something. Maybe you could draw a picture of that task, or say THANK YOU (or make a card) to whoever it was that helped you.
  • That was another story with rhyming words in. Can you think of some words that rhyme with some words from the story?:

Sea           shark          whale

Well done!

Now on to our Phonics:

Nursery:

As well as practising all of the phonics songs all the time (we like singing them in class don’t we?!) this is your letter to focus on this week:

https://youtu.be/RUODVQZfUK0

I is for…igloo, Inky mouse, ink, ill and

(that’s what you are!)

• Now can you practise making this letter? On paper? Or with magic water in the garden? (see how many you can do before they disappear!). You can try writing in sand, glitter, playdoh, shaving foam, in dirt with a stick or if you have paint you can pop it in a zip lock bag and write with your finger! Lots of fun! (please make sure the zip is locked or top of bag is even taped to a solid surface to stop it moving or accidentally opening!). http://lets-explore.net/blog/2009/10/paint-bag-writing/

Reception:

• Your digraph blend to focus on this week is ‘ch’.  Can you think of any words with that sound in? Here is Geraldine looking around her house for things with that digraph in: https://youtu.be/OyrYDitif1o
  • Can you practise making this digraph? Remember try your best to make them join: https://youtu.be/tO3Jy3b2wcA

Maths activities:

Other activities:

Here are some other things to keep you being busy bees!

• You could even create a ‘scene’ for your puppets!
  • Or how about these fantastic creatures using paper plates:
  • Have fun, get making. I would love to see some of the results!
  • As this week is kindness week, have a think about what makes someone kind; Can you think of something kind you could do for someone in your house? How did it make them feel? How did it make you feel? Here are some stories on kindness to share:
  • https://youtu.be/rwelE8yyY0U
  • https://youtu.be/JEg38zCOMgk

As always, I hope you are all safe and sound at home, thinking of you all. I hope get to see you all soon.

Take care, lots of love.

Miss Griffiths. X

May 13th 2020

Hello again Class 2, Miss Griffiths here.        

I hope you are all doing well and keeping busy. It has been lovely to receive some messages off some of you this week and to see pictures of some of your work. You have been busy bees! Remember, if you need to contact me with questions my email is: GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net  If you want to upload things into your child’s Hwb account there is a video explaining how to do it below in last week’s message. I will be able to see their work or pictures if they are saved and can message the children or put comments on their work.

Anyway, on to this week’s tasks! Don’t worry if you haven’t done some tasks from the last few weeks or want to carry on with something from a previous week that is fine. Do what you can and if you have ideas of your own that you come up with too that’s fabulous! Enjoy and I would love to see pictures or hear all about those too.

So we have been learning about mini-beasts and thing that live ‘under’ things maybe rocks or plants in the garden. You can carry on with that but I am now going to move on to things that live ‘under’ water and things to do with the seaside.

Language activities:

• Here is one of this week’s stories its called ‘Commotion in the Ocean’ by Giles Andreae.   

https://youtu.be/9pRhgZ8Jffs

• After listening to the story can you remember what creatures live under the sea? That’s right: dolphins, crabs, blue whales, jellyfish, lobsters and YIKES! Sharks!
  • This story is a rhyming story, it means some words make the same sound. It says take a look inside this book, the stingray flaps his wings, his tail really stings! Can you hear the rhyming words? (Like when we play our rhyming game when we line up for dinner Reception). Can you think of some rhyming words of your own? Remember sometimes only the beginning sound changes and the rest of the word is the same; cat and mat, sip and zip. Can you make some rhyming words below and read the new words you have made?
  •  

Reception: your digraph blend this week is in all of these seaside words. Can you guess what it is?

Fish                                shark                                     shells

•  See what items Geraldine finds with that sound in and then can you practise writing it on paper, in rice or sand on a tray. Remember trying your best to join the two letters: https://youtu.be/nx2Tf9TE1bc
  • https://youtu.be/w5CJhXw5UXs
  • Nursery: I want you to focus on this letter sound this week; I spy with my little eye, something beginning with…

That’s right it’s a p  p  p penguin!  https://youtu.be/eTEmtADqMFg

Did you sing the song? Now can you practise making that letter on paper, with paint or colours for rainbow writing or on a tray with sand or rice or glitter. (Cornflour and water is also a class favourite for a strange sensation!).

Maths activities:

if you do have access to a printer here are a few things to print off and keep you busy. Happy counting!

count and colour

under the sea counting and colouring

Other activities:

I have been busy outside in my garden and found the perfect sunny spot for the bug hotel which my sister made and was filled with help from the children in the Hub school. It will be put in our class garden when we return to school but for now I am keeping watch and will let you know if it has any ‘guests’! :    

You might want to make a bug hotel of your own if you have outside space. These ones are made by recycling old bottles (remember to ask a grown up to help and check there’s no sharp edges).

• As we are moving on to under the sea, here is a simple floating and sinking experiment that children in my class have loved doing previously and can be done on as small (in a sink) or large scale (paddling pool) as you like with items from around the home. :http://earlyyearsresource.blogspot.com/2014/01/understanding-world-science.html . See if you can guess (predict) which items will float or sink and then test them out. Items can be sorted into two piles after being tested; float and sink or floated and didn’t float. oranges are interesting try them with and then without the peel on!
  • Sensory bottles are also another activity that engages the children and they love seeing if things float or what happens if we add…? oil, water, food colouring or paint into the mix! https://nurturestore.co.uk/make-sensory-discovery-bottles
  • As always, I encourage you to stay active and get outdoors as much as the weather allows. Continuing with our (well my!) love of all things yoga; this week we have an adventure with Squish the fish! https://youtu.be/LhYtcadR9nw
  • And some music for you to listen to and maybe have a dance around your garden to: https://youtu.be/XqZsoesa55w (I know some of you were doing this last week!)    …or if you’re feeling silly!… https://youtu.be/NwT5oX_mqS0
  • Here are some more stories about fish that I think you might enjoy:
  • An important message about friendship in this film Rainbow fish https://youtu.be/ifXlc0QI2kY
  • https://youtu.be/wt3_ZQ53-Ro

I hope you have fun with some of those activities. I would love to hear how you get on or see your work.

Take care, continue to stay safe at home and I hope to see you soon,

Love from

Miss Griffiths. X

May 6th 2020

Hello again Class 2, Miss Griffiths here. Sut wyt ti? I hope you are all still keeping safe and busy. I know I have been glad to see the sun return this week and get outside a bit in the garden. I was very pleased to hear from some of you this week and to hear that you have been doing some of the work I have shared over the past two weeks. I have had a request about how to share work or pictures with me. I gave my email address last week it’s GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net.  If you have logged on and completed some tasks online on Hwb you can upload them or photos into your child’s file on Hwb. I will be able to see if they have added work to their files when I am logged on. See the video of how to do this here: https://youtu.be/fTIL9WIL9O0 

Similarly, you can attach them directly into your email if it is a photo of their task/work completed. Click on attach files and then you should have the option to browse the device you are on and attach to the email. I hope this helps. Please get in touch if you are still having difficulty in doing this.

So, on to the tasks for this week. Remember, try to complete some of the tasks, or, if you do something else along the theme, let me know. I love hearing your ideas.

Language activities:

• So, we listened to the story ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ last week. Have a listen again and see if you can retell the story. Can you remember what he ate on which day? He was VERY hungry wasn’t he?! I have put a storymap here to help you remember: 
  • Can you make your own storymap to show what the caterpillar ate in the correct order? Now tell the story to someone in your house.
  • When talking about food we often use adjectives or describing words to explain what it tastes like. Maybe you like some of the same things as the caterpillar. Maybe you’ve been eating them today? Can you use a word to describe an orange? maybe it was…

or was it..? Try writing down the sounds in your describing word.

• Phonics; Please continue to practise singing the Jolly Phonics songs (see previous week for youtube link). This week I would like you to practise these sounds:
  • Nursery: Your sound is at the beginning of this word. What is it? a tomato! That’s right! Can you practise saying the sound? https://youtu.be/7r2pT-8cOA0
  • Now, can you practise making the letter shape on paper, in some sand or glitter or rice on a tray or if you have colours; crayons, pencils or pens you could rainbow write it! This is a lovely site to help with letter formation; the children can practise the letters they have done so far or letters in their name after watching a demonstration: https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/activities/letterformation/
  • Reception: Your digraph blend this week is a tricky one because it can make two different sounds! R-oo-m and h-oo-k, it is:
  • See Geraldine having some fun finding different things with those sounds in. Can you think of some more words and try writing some down? https://youtu.be/-3UUnmNk1UM  ,   https://youtu.be/atlb2jPdFd0
  •  There are also lots of lovely spelling games where the children can practise their phonics here: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/
  • Reception I hope you have been practising writing your tricky words that I gave you in your home pack? Please continue to practise those words; putting them into a sentence and copying them and seeing if you remember them. If you have access to a printer you can print the practise page out here to continue we had done as far as ‘my’ in class: TrickyWordsWorksheets
  • There are some lovely resources if you go to the printables sections on the Jolly Phonics website, along with songs and demos: https://www.jollylearning.co.uk/resource-bank/
  • BBC Bitesize has lots of fabulous activities and tasks with more added daily! Here are some phonics tasks to practise our letter sounds: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2yf4j

Maths activities:

Other activities:

Remember how important it is to keep fit and healthy, hopefully you will be having lots of fun outside this week. Here are some activities to try out: Some of these activities are for groups but can be adapted to smaller, garden settings:

Remember to all stay safe, have lots of fun being at home and, if you can, let me know how you’re getting on with everything.

Take care, lots of love to you all, Miss Griffiths. X

• April 30th 2020

Hello again Class 2, bore da, Miss Griffiths dw i. Sut wyt ti? Gweddol dw i… it’s very strange not being back with you all but I hope you and your families are all safe and well at home together. I hope you enjoyed some of the activities I shared with you last week and have put on this week’s work and tasks below.

Before we finished school I asked you for ideas for our topic for this term. The one that we decided to go with was ‘Under’. At the moment we will continue to look at this as in mini-beasts and creatures that could be living ‘under’ things in your garden (I hope lots of you went on a mini-beast hunt last week?…a bit more tricky now the weather has changed!). We will then move on to ‘Under the sea’ next as lots of you were interested in things to do with the seaside.

Remember to try a few activities out and if you like, you could send me a picture or e-mail to let me know how you are getting on (you will have to ask a grown up for help with this). I would love to hear how you are getting on. You can either email or upload or save something onto your Hwb settings where I will be able to see it in your files. My e-mail is GriffithsL244@Hwbcymru.net. You can also send any queries you have about the tasks to me at this address.

Language activities:    

Listen to and watch the story of ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ here: https://youtu.be/75NQK-Sm1YY 

• Talk to a grown up about your favourite part of the story. See if you can remember what the caterpillar ate on certain days, what did he eat on the first day?
  • Can you remember all of the names for the days of the week? Here’s a link to the song we sing in class to help remind you: https://youtu.be/HtQcnZ2JWsY
  • Can you draw a picture of what you have had to eat today? What day is it? Ask a grown-up to help you write the day on your page. Reception; maybe you could make a little food diary for a few days; showing something you have eaten or maybe what you would like to have on certain days! Can you guess what Miss Griffiths is dreaming of? Cake! Always cake! Delicious! Mmmmm.
  • Can you use the sound mat to try writing some of the sounds in some of the Hungry Caterpillar’s food? For example; on Monday he ate one of these…what is it called? that’s right, it’s an apple! What sound does apple start with? https://youtu.be/wdG4_FB0A0A 
  • Nursery: can you try making this letter. Remember, like before, you can make it on paper, or, as suggested last week, have lots of fun ‘writing’ in sand or glitter or rice using your finger or a brush! https://youtu.be/2a_e2z78xM4
  • Reception: On Wednesday the caterpillar ate THREE plums. Let’s look at the long ‘ee’ sound in words. You can practise writing it, on its own or in words and blending some short words: https://youtu.be/du3incCU6Xc. Remember, try your best to join the ee.
  • On Friday he ate through 5 oranges! Oranges starts with the ‘or’ sound we’ve looked at. Can you think of some words with that sound in? What about..?           that’s right! Corn! Or how about..?  Yes! that’s it, a fork! The same as before, try writing the ‘or’ digraph on its own or in words. https://youtu.be/0TKWxjU0UgQ Try to join the letters of ‘or’. Well done!                                                                               

Maths activities:

There were lots of things to count in that story. Can you count how many strawberries the caterpillar ate?  Can you find the right number?

• What about on the Saturday? Reception can you count all the things he ate?
  •    
  • Can you practise counting objects like the caterpillar? On Monday I had 1.., On Tuesday I had 2..? Maybe you can find thing around the house to help you tell your own food story? Or you could use toys and maybe the character is a monster eating your toys instead! You can practise writing the numbers the same as mentioned before in the language activities. Have fun! And if it dries up at all, do the activities outside!

Other activities:

Remember, it’s really important to exercise our hands and bodies doing other things too:

• I’ve been continuing with my yoga, keeping busy! I found another story I thought you might like to try in your homes: Cosmic Kids The Hungry Caterpillar! Namaste! Have fun! https://youtu.be/xhWDiQRrC1Y
  • Or, if you fancy something a bit more energetic, then there’s Oti from Strictly with a dance routine especially for children! https://youtu.be/aACgMV9_FmQ
  • I’m sure lots of you have done the Joe Wicks videos already. Great for fitness!
  • I also found some other links to online classes that you might like to try. One for music with Myleene Klass; there are lots of videos on youtube explaining musical concepts like rhythm: https://youtu.be/8XXmBlTadys
  • Another I found is Carol Vorderman’s maths website, which you can register for free and she takes you through various Mathematical ideas, games and activities suited to your child’s age:  https://www.themathsfactor.com/

Getting creative:

• How about some caterpillar painting? Using paint and a plastic cup to make the circles, you could try making your own caterpillar. You choose how long or short it is.
  • How many circles did you use? What colours?
  • You could use a sponge or your hands if you like to print some caterpillars:  Or if you don’t have paints, how about recycling lids off milk/pop bottles? If you are really clever you could try making patterns too. Remember we did repeating patterns where we made sequences like blue, red, blue or even with 3 colours (as above).
  • You could make beautiful butterflies from paper or anything lying around the house and decorate with sparkles or patterns.
  • The story also shows us the magic of change or metamorphosis from egg to caterpillar to butterfly. A nice craft activity I’ve seen is to make the life cycle from things around the house; could be seeds or even a grain of rice for the egg, a leaf from the garden, pasta shapes or anything for the caterpillar and then the same for butterfly. I’m always SO impressed with things you, the parents and the children suggest or find to use so remember to take a picture if you do have a go at any of these activities.

•  Another story that celebrates growth and change from the same author, Eric Carle is The Very Clumsy Click Beetle; https://youtu.be/lfbEMh7UV6c
  • In it, the young beetle is trying his best to “click and flip” but he can’t. He practises and practises and eventually gets the hang of it, just in the nick of time as it turns out! A nice activity might be to look at photos of your child as a baby, until now. If physical prints are available, they can make their own timeline…ordering themselves from baby to now and they can think about things they can do now that they couldn’t as a baby. Also, they can think of the things that they did as a baby that they no longer do or things they can do now independently that they used to need lots of help with.
  • If you get the chance to venture outside over the coming week, children can see what sounds of nature they can hear on a listening walk outside or in the garden, maybe they’ll hear the crickets singing! They can maybe draw or try listing any ‘sounds of nature’ (an activity that they need to be really quiet for!).

I hope these help to keep your little ones busy. Sending lots of love and best wishes to everyone. Stay safe, and I hope to see you all soon.

Miss Griffiths. X

Weeks beginning 22/04/20

Hi Class 2! Miss Griffiths here! I hope you all had a lovely Easter and that the Easter bunny was kind to you! I hope you and your families are all safe and well and getting outside lots to enjoy this lovely weather we are having at the moment. It is very strange not being back in school this week, I am definitely missing your lovely smiles and hearing your funny stories about what you have all been up to! Instead, I will be putting activities and ideas on this page that you can complete at home. You don’t have to do them all.

Below are some ideas for this week to keep you busy! Remember you can ask a grown-up or a brother or sister for help if you like. If you have your Hwb passwords, tasks can be completed on Jit5; you can make a picture on the paint tab, write on the write tab or do both on the mix tab.  You could also complete tasks on paper or in your practise books (Reception).

Here are some activities I would like you to try and complete over the course of the next week:

Maths activities:     

• Here is a link to a website; https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/media/48349/minibeast-hunt.pdf if you have access to a printer, available to print off or if not, make your own mini-beast hunt outside. So, decide which mini beasts you will look for, make a picture and then happy hunting! Count how many you can find! Remember, they are very good at hiding, so check under rocks and plants too.
  • Counting objects: Get a grown up to ask you to count a certain number of objects e.g “Can you show me 3..?” and, using small objects or toys count out 3 objects. Nursery concentrate on numbers to 5, Reception, see if you can count 10 or more objects! https://www.thenational.academy/reception/maths/counting-actions-and-objects-up-to-10-reception-wk1-1/#
  • Reception, using your Numicon cards, see if you can lay out the cards in order from one (smallest) to ten (largest) shape. Then, if you’re feeling really clever, you could match the numbers to the shapes. Choose your favourite number and practise writing it on your whiteboard or in your books.
  • Try using magic water and a paintbrush on the floor or walls. See how many times you can write your number before the sun steals them and they disappear! If you have chalk, ask a grown-up where you can use it outside to practise your numbers.
  • Have a look on this website; some fantastic counting and ordering/matching games on here to play! Enjoy: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/teddy-numbers

Language activities:

I know I am missing sharing stories with you all right now, instead, I have been listening to other people telling me stories online! Here’s one by one of our favourite authors Julia Donaldson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_LmS3q4E6k

Nursery; After listening to the story, draw a picture of Zog. See if you can write any of the sounds in his name.

Reception; draw your favourite character (maybe on Jit5) from the story and using some of your tricky words, see if you can write a sentence about them; he/she/the dragon…is… maybe ask a grown up to help you with a describing word.

See which letters you know and try spelling some simple words on this website: https://www.starfall.com/h/index-kindergarten.php?mg=k

Phonics sounds to practise:

Nursery; please practise singing the Jolly Phonics songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2HYM9VXz9k  

Afterwards try making ‘s’ in sand or glitter or salt or rice on a tray with your finger or a paintbrush or pencil!

Reception; this week can focus on the digraph ‘ng’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQshNmncnBs as in ing, sing, strong. here is a link to a video but see what things you can think of with this sound in. Practise writing, remember to try your best to join the letters in a digraph blend.

Remember it’s as important to do things to keep us active and healthy so some other ideas of things you can be doing:

• I have been doing lots of yoga at home which helps to keep me healthy and relaxed. If you have a tablet or laptop, you can try doing it outside on the grass. For a story about a dragon like Zog, he’s called Cracker:
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NWzS2xziI4
  • You know I also LOVE dancing and some of my favourite Strictly stars have been doing fab-u-lous workouts for children; have a go at one of these! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRmKit2NXw
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh97m6-PKRM
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymigWt5TOV8
  • While outside, maybe you are going for walks with grown-ups try collecting leaves and twigs, stones to make a dragon picture when back home. Remember to think of a name for your pet dragon!
  • Maybe, ask a grown up to help you to find things around the house that you can use to build a den in your garden (if you have outside space..if not, maybe in your room) for a dragon just like Zog or Cracker!
  • Have a competition with a family member who can do the biggest Dragon’s roar like Zog?
  • If you’ve not already done one, how about making a rainbow picture to put up in a window in your house?

They are a few ideas to keep you busy little bees buzzing around for a while! I hope you enjoy some of these activities. Take care. Sending lots of love and best wishes.  I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Miss Griffiths.