Due to the current and forecast bad weather we have made the decision to postpone sports day tomorrow. We will now go to the backup date of Thursday 28th June.
Thank you for your understanding.
To commence on 3rd September 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter:
The Governing Body, staff, and pupils of Maesmarchog Primary School seek to appoint an enthusiastic, committed class teacher who can support the educational vision of the school.
The successful candidate will:-
– be a high calibre, inspiring teacher with excellent classroom practice
– be an excellent classroom practitioner with a deep understanding of how children learn successfully
– be able to provide high quality learning experiences through an imaginative approach to skills based learning.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:-
* Sound knowledge of how children learn
* Good knowledge of the Digital Competence Framework
*Good knowledge of ICT within the context of teaching and learning and be skilled in the use of a range of digital technology.
* Good knowledge of the Literacy and Numeracy Framework
* An ability to lead by example and develop initiatives.
The school can offer:-
• A hard working team who are committed to the school
• warm, welcoming, friendly and supportive staff
• Pupils who are keen to learn together in a supportive environment
• Support for continuing professional development
This full time and temporary post is initially until August 2019 and has the possibility of extension into the following academic year.
The post requires a qualified teacher status and registration with the Education Workforce Council.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (Child’s list).
Welsh not required.
Further information including how to apply on the eteach website – https://www.eteach.com/mobile/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?temporary+full+time+class+teacher&vacno=846727#
Miles for Maesmarchog / Sponsored walk will take place next Friday (15.06.18) at Banwen RFC.
Nursery pupils can choose to attend either the morning session in school OR attend the sponsored walk supervised by an adult at all times going straight to Banwen RFC.
Please find a copy of the sponsor form below.